Friday, January 6, 2012

Jerry Lewis in "The Errand Boy"

Over Christmas break my son and I watched a Jerry Lewis special on Encore.

Kyle has been a Jerry Lewis fan since the first time he saw a Lewis movie when is was 7 or 8-years-old. He also does a really good impression of Lewis!

The special "Method to the Madness of Jerry Lewis" was really good; we actually watched it three or four times. The man was a genius when it came to comedy. And watching him interact with people today, I was struck at what a genuinely nice man he is.

After watching the special, Kyle pulled out his collection of Lewis movies and we watched quite a few. Well, he watched them all, but I watched a few with him.

One of our favorites is "The Errand Boy". And one of our favorite scenes ever is this one from that movie.

The song is Count Basie's "Blues in Hoss' Flat". We love the song so I bought it for my iPod and play it often. As I listen (without the video portion) I'm struck at how Jerry Lewis put this song together with this scene. It fits so perfect, as if it was written just for the movie.

That's why he's a genius.



Read my previous post: My First Post
Read my next post: Full Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: I reserve the right to remove comments that I feel are offensive, rude, or off-topic.