Monday, February 13, 2012

Music Monday - "The Pink Panther" by Henry Mancini

Pink has been my favorite color since I was old enough to know what it is. When I was 2 or 3-years-old my dad bought a blue and white teddy bear for me and I named him "Pink". (He still sits on my dresser.)

Naturally, as a kid I was a fan of The Pink Panther cartoons on Saturday morning. It may have been because of the cartoon that I also fell in love with the tenor sax. After listening to it on the "laugh-and-a-half hour-and-a-half show", how could I not?

So it should not be a surprise to anybody that I love the theme song from "The Pink Panther". (The original 1963 movie with Peter Sellers was great!)

I have the original Henry Mancini recording on my iPod and it is definitely best listened to with the ear buds for the full sound-effect!

This is some of the best music ever recorded! (Although this particular recording isn't very good, but the best I could find.)



To go along with that is The Inspector Clouseau Theme:



What is your favorite cartoon song?

Read my previous post: Today's Tackle: The Silverware Drawer
Read my next post: "Just A Thinking of the Past" (Part 1)


I would be remiss if I didn't mention the passing of Whitney Houston on this Music Monday. It is a sad loss for the music world and her family and friends are in our prayers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: I reserve the right to remove comments that I feel are offensive, rude, or off-topic.