Monday, March 19, 2012

Music Monday - "The Woodpecker Song" by Glenn Miller

What a great winter this has been! And now we've jumped right into June! Record temps in the 70s and 80s with sunshine has made March perfect so far! (And more to come this week!)

And with these warmer temps and sunshine, I've been enjoying laying out on my deck to get some color, along with a strong dose of vitamin D. Last Friday while I was half napping in the sun I was struck by how many birds I heard in the trees behind my house; it was almost like being in the wild! I heard robins, doves, and a bunch of other birds that I don't even know what they are.

But over all of them I heard a woodpecker! First at one tree, then another. It made me think of this fun Glenn Miller song. So here it is, from 1940:

"The Woodpecker Song"



Read my previous Music Monday post: Fight Songs
Read my previous post: Why You Don't Want To Be Like Her


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: I reserve the right to remove comments that I feel are offensive, rude, or off-topic.