Friday, March 2, 2012

Birthday: My Daughter

Twenty-three years ago today I gave birth to my first offspring. She was beautiful at the moment I met her and she's still beautiful today.

We all look at our brand new babies and wonder what kind of people they will grow up to be, what they will look like, what their voices will sound like, what kind of friends they'll have, and giftings they'll possess. After 23 years, I can look back and all of those questions have been answered.

She's unique in personality and is content to be that way. She's not afraid to be different and not go along with the crowd "because everybody is doing it". (In fact, quite the opposite!)

I know what her voice sounds like, because she talks non-stop and fast! I've had to tell her many times to slow down because I can't listen that fast!

She's had amazing friends who have all challenged her, loved her, encouraged her and helped her to fall more in love with Jesus and to grow as a person. I've always been proud of the group of young people she surrounded herself with.

My baby girl has always had a book with her from the time she was old enough to carry one. She never left home without one and still doesn't now. Yesterday she had to wait for some service work on her car that took longer than she expected. I got a text that said: "Good thing I've got my book." Yep, no surprise!

She is an amazing young lady and I am so proud to have her for my daughter. She brings lots of fun and laughter into our lives and I will miss her when she has to move out someday. But then...I will wait for grandchildren and start the wondering all over again.

HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY, GORGEOUS DAUGHTER! I LOVE YOU!

She always had a book and a stuffed animal with her! (And she's still a lover of animals.) (1992)

Read my previous post: 8 Lessons We Can Learn From Snoopy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: I reserve the right to remove comments that I feel are offensive, rude, or off-topic.