Monday, January 30, 2012

"Charade"

Cary Grant (who would have been 108-years-old on January 18) is one of my all-time favorite actors. Besides his timeless good looks, I love his humor and the way he banters with his co-stars.

Audrey Hepburn (who passed away 19-years ago on January 20) is another favorite actress. So classy and beautiful with her own fabulous sense of humor.

"Charade" is one of my favorite movies because the two of them are paired together and they are perfect onscreen!

The plot of "Charade" is an interesting story with a twist at the end that I didn't see coming. Drama, suspense and humor make this a fun 113 minutes. I saw a reviewer on IMDB say that "Charade is the best Hitchcock movie Hitchcock never made!" Yes, it's that good!

And "Charade" was filmed in Paris - can't get more romantic than that!

Walter Matthau and James Coburn also starred in this 1963 movie, directed by Stanley Donen. And music score by Henry Mancini? Awesome!

  • From the DVD back-cover: After her husband is murdered, Regina Lambert (Audrey Hepburn) soon learns that he was involved in the theft of $250,000. She now finds herself on the run from crooks and double agents who want to get their hands on the money. With no one to turn to she must get to the bottom of things before they get to her.

Today I'm sharing the opening scene with you. Typical of the rest of the movie is this fabulous banter between Grant and Hepburn.

(Sadly, I'm not able to find an air-date for it, but do look for the DVD.)



Read my previous post: Battle With A Princess
Read my next post: This Is MUSIC?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: I reserve the right to remove comments that I feel are offensive, rude, or off-topic.